Booming onto the scene this year, Sunisa Lee is full of potential. From Saint Paul, Minnesota, Sunisa (or “Suni” as she is known) trains at Midwest Gymnastics and is coached by Jess Graba, Alison Lim, and Puner Koy. Recently, Lee committed to Auburn University to join the gymnastics team for the 2021-2022 season.
As she said in her recent social media post:
“I am So excited to announce that I have verbally committed to Auburn university on a full ride scholarship, thank you to my coaches and family for helping me make this decision!! Go tigers! “
Lee showed tremendous talent early on in the season during her international debut in Montreal at the International Gymnix competition where she helped Team USA to clinch the team gold medal, as well as a silver bars medal for herself. She shows amazing talent on her best event, the uneven bars, where she competes a very difficult “Nabieva” release. However, even with a packed difficult routine, she always executes it nicely. Sunisa is a graceful gymnast but still shows off lots of power on the floor exercise and vault.
Some of Lee’s best accomplishments are as followed:
- She took tenth all around at the P&G Championships last year.
- Sunisa was added to the junior national team at the February camp!!
- As mentioned before, she had a nice showing at her first international meet.
- Lee placed 6th on floor at the 2016 U.S. Secret Classic…
- As a level 10, she took 4th on bars at the 2015 J.O. National Championships!
- Sunisa won the all around at the HOPES Championships in 2015.
Watch some of her gorgeous bar work, by clicking here!!
Sunisa Lee obviously has lots of potential as she moves forward in her elite career, and potentially challenges for a spot on the 2020 Olympic team. However, we wish her the best of luck as she soon goes on to pursue a college career at Auburn University in Auburn, Alabama!! She will definitely contribute to the team’s success, as she joins them in 2021.
Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more!! 🙂
*Photo via Getty Images.